A Handy Guide to file an Employment Pass Application
Whenever you decide to seek employment in a foreign country, it is always wise to obtain the complete picture of what you need to do. This will save you a lot of headaches and embarrassments that might result from having incomplete knowledge about the intricacies involved in the process. Most people move to progressive countries in search of greener pastures or to bring some change and excitement in their life, with Singapore being one of the most sought-after destinations.
To help the professionals who are planning to move to Singapore, this read sheds some light on the process of filing an employment pass application and the intricacies involved in the process.
What is an Employment Pass?
The Employment Pass is simply a work pass issued to foreign professionals who wish to move to and work in Singapore, in a specialized, managerial, or executive role. In other words, the pass allows them to enter the country and take up an employment.
If you are willing to work in Singapore and have a job offer from a recognized organization, you can proceed to apply for the Employment Pass. Other qualification criteria to file an Employment Pass application include:
• A salary of at least $3,300
• A recognized degree, special skills or professional qualifications
The Ministry of Manpower (MOM) takes decisions on applications based on a number of factors, such as:
• The QS World University Rankings and other independent accreditation boards’ global and country institution rankings
• The institution’s track record with regards to the employment of its graduates
• The enrollment standards of the institution
Things to Remember
• It does not necessarily follow that a failure to possess a particular level of qualification to result in a failure to secure an EP.
• Every case is handled individually based on its merits.
• Applicants who do not possess the required qualification but can show proof of impeccable track record and the mastery of a special skill can secure an EP.
• You will not get the EP automatically based on the possession of a stated qualification. It may also be necessary in a better part of the cases to qualify in other areas.
• Older applicants might stand a better chance of acceptance as long they command a high salary that reflects their experience.
• The credibility of the prospective employer is another key deciding factor.
You can complete your EP and S pass application online. Reputable employment agencies in Singapore can give you some help to create and file an employment pass application as per the guidelines prescribed by the MOM.